Will a SHA256 hash always have 64 characters?
I'm setting up my database to receive hashed passwords and not accept plain text. Would I go something like this? create table User( username varchar(20) not null, password varchar(64) not null, );
Yes, a SHA256 is always 256 bits long, equivalent to 32 bytes, or 64 bytes in an hexadecimal string format. You can even use char(64) instead of varchar(64) since the size won’t change.
Yes, it will always have 64 characters.
Our Awesome Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Ebook Reviews
- eSport Matches, Skills Tutorials & News
- Entertainment & General News
- Check your public IP Address precisely